Job Title: Protection assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Starting date: 01/07/2021
Closing Date for applications: 06/05/2021
Center for Human Rights Defender Association (CHRDA) is an independent non-governmental organization registered and founded in France in 2016. CHRDA aims at promoting rights of Human rights Defenders and vulnerable population, analyzing the difficulties facing the application of International Human Rights Law and disseminating Human Rights Culture in the Region as well as engaging in a dialogue between cultures.
A crucial part of CHRDA’ mandate is to help shape the understanding of the most pressing human rights defenders concerns within the region and then to coordinate and mobilize the key players and NGOs from across the MENA region to work together towards solutions.
Furthermore, CHRDA is a Libyan HRD’s network; working on supporting, empowering and protecting Libyan HRDs inside and outside Libya. CHRDA is a member of the Platform (Coalition of 13 Libyan organizations).
CHRDA emerged from the need to find a space for Jurists outside their country, especially with the outbreak of armed conflict in several cities in Libya and targeting defenders and activists; attacks and abuses sometimes reached the limit of assassinations.
Under the direct supervision of the Protection Officer, the Protection Assistant will provide protection services (case management) and assistance to human rights defenders, will also work with the field coordinators to receive identified cases, to assess their needs and referr them to local and international partners.
- Identify cases of Human rights defenders at high risk in/outside Libya and support them with a durable and sustainable approach, through Implementing proper case management steps.
- The case worker will commit to maintaining excellent documentation of case management files.
- The case worker will be responsible ensuring case action plans and the database of cases that facilitate accountability & planning are updated on a daily and weekly basis.
- Participate in the development of case management monitoring systems and help to ensure that field coordinators utilize these systems correctly and consistently.
- Daily follow-up of HRDs survey form to identify defenders at risk in order to provide them with a quick response.
- Development of referral networks between partners (local/international) providing protection services and grants for HRDs.
- Participate in preparation of all relevant reports regarding the CHRDA’s protection activities.
- Participate in submitting a summary of the defenders’ situation, “statistical draft / newsletter”, in coordination with the research unit. Which can be used as a summary later in events, and by media Dept. to update the website.
This position reports to Protection Officer.
- University Degree in the field of law, international law, social sciences, political affairs, humanitarian affairs, or any other related field.
- Fluency in written and spoken both Arabic and English.
- At least one year of work experience with CSOs and NGOs. pervious experience in Protection with INGOs is an asset.
- Good Knowledge of Human rights, Protection and case management.
- Good Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills (Written and oral), and good interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable to work in a multi-cultural environment, and able to handle pressure well.
Interested applicants must sent a cover letter and an updated CV (in English) with 2 references to email@example.com titled (protection_assistant_vacancy)
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.